Short Message Service: available on digital GSM networks allowing text messages of up to 160 characters to be sent and received via the network operator’s message center to your mobile phone, or from the Internet, using a so-called “SMS gateway” website.
Unstructured Supplementary Service Data is a method of transmitting
messages via the GSM network in an interactive, open session environment.
GPRS stands for General Packet Radio Service. GPRS is one of the latest advancements in wireless data. It is a GSM Packet Based bearer for delivery of data service.
It provides Value Added Services like
* Ring tones
* Picture Messages/Logos
* News Update
* Sports Update
* Market Price Update
* Survey / Polling
* SMS through PC
* SMS to Mail
* Mail to SMS
* Bulk SMS (Broadcast & Multicast)
* Advertising and Publicity
Mail to SMS
Sending E-mail to predefined mail address with recipient’s mobile number in subject line will deliver E-mail as SMS to the recipient.
SPARK CDP/SMS Gateway
* SPARK MEDIA CDP is a content delivery platform for logos, wallpapers, pictures, and monophonic ring-tones etc.
* Capable of handling configuration of short-codes and keywords on SMSC.
* It is highly robust, reliable, automated system.
* Interacts with SMSC to send and receive the messages.
* Supported protocols CIMD, SMPP, HTTP and WAP.
* It has the capability to connect with multiple SMSCs through a simple WEB based GUI (Graphical User Interface).
HRMS Messaging Solution
* HRMS application is a messaging solution that can integrate with a Human Resource Management System.
* This is a tool by which employee of a medium/large size can communicate with the HR department using SMS text message commands.
* It also reduces load on manpower/HR department on normal routine queries.
* It is useful for employees working in the field, having limited email access.
* This can also be used for greeting employees on birthday/anniversary etc.
* Its also used as a medium of fast communication for employees
* HR can conduct multiple quizzes with employees through SMS.
SMS UI Web Portal
* SMS UI web portal is a web based application portal for sending different kinds of SMS integrated with SPARK MEDIA SMS Gateway.
* This web application portal can send bulk SMS, group SMS, schedule based SMS, Mail2SMS.
* Facility to create groups in which many recipients can be added and allows adding member to the group.
* Allows uploading of group members data in CSV file format.
* Dynamic addition of group members in the database
* This Application can create reports on the basis of date, MSISDN, DLR status.
* Mr. Sim application is primarily a ‘SIM Memory content transfer provisioning platform for new mobile subscribers.
* Through this application, new subscribers can update their old SIM phonebook to their newly acquired SIM.
* At the same time they can inform their contacts about the newly acquired number by sending them all a notification SMS.
* This service also provides a unique way for companies to promote their services by sending promotional offers to the contact list of new subscribers.
SAP SMS Integration-API
* The SMS – SAP integration API is a messaging solution based on validating keywords with incoming request and fetching the data from SAP /ERP Server.
* SAP SMS Integration API allows companies to integrate SPARK messaging solutions with their existing ERP system seamlessly.
* Each incoming SMS will first land on GSM Modem. GSM Reader will read the messages from modem and save all the messages in one particular folder. Separate text file is being maintained for each message in encrypted form.
* SMS Handler will read the newly arrived SMS from that particular file one by one.
SAP – SMS Integration API
The SPARK Service-Banking
SMS solutions based on:
* Alerts – trigger driven off the Web/database
* Push – driven by customer request
* Pull (2-way) – initiated by customer
* Targeted at youth & business
* Specialized & custom applications also available
* Growth path to WAP & GPRS
* PDA compatible
A Web & Wireless delivery solution interfacing with existing bank & credit card systems
* Comprehensive banking transaction & information services
* Proactive & reactive services
* Highly secure
* Phased implementation (optional)
* Phase I: Alerts – easy to use, intuitive to understand
* Phase II: transaction services for mature customers
Banking – Benefits
* Each mobile terminal converts into a branch!
* Lowers costs
* Additional, low cost channel for selling new services to customer base
* Builds reputation
* Enhances customer service
* Customer retention tool; builds loyalty
* Increased revenues per customer
* Closer interaction between bank & customer
Banking – Services
* Information Services
* Request services
* Bank & credit card accounts
* Personalized SMS alerts: pull & push
* Account to account transfers
* Credit card payments
* Configure services
* WAP services
Banking – Security
* Internet Components Security
* SSL Based Security
* Application level security
* WAP Component security: WTLS
* Authentication with Login ID and Password
* Challenge Response – secret codes for financial transactions
* Session level security
* Locking of transaction details
* Last login details with channels
* SIM Card Number and customized codes for SMS Banking
Other areas that can benefit are:
1. Contact Management
2. CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
3. MARCOM (Marketing Communications)
4. BRANDCOM (Brand Communications)
5. Social and Governmental Applications.